#170 Dan Gray, DVM - Lessons from Practice Ownership: Sell the Experience
In this episode, I'm joined by Dr. Dan Gray of Gentle Vet Animal Hospital whose story is one that is unique, yet shares some of the challenges of getting to practice ownership. He's also hired multiple DVMs and is currently working on building a brand new hospital in Green Bay, WI which he shares those challenges as well. Enjoy!
- His journey from Iowa State to associateship.
- Purchasing the current hospital.
- Lessons learned from hiring and recruiting the team.
- Best/Worst advice given throughout his career.
- Why it's called "practicing medicine" - embrace mistakes.
- A non-consensus view on the profession.
- Lessons from a new build and all that goes with it.
- He digs in and asks me about bitcoin and challenges me on a couple of items.
- Smaller government
- And so much more!
GuardianVets (be sure if you reach out to mention us for 50% off your first month)
Point Grey Veterinary Hospital - Associateship Role HERE
Innovative Veterinary Management Solutions (IVMS)
Job Links from the end of the episode
- Central Indiana
- Fort Walton Beach (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Northern Vermont (email: email@example.com)
- Northern Indiana