In this episode, I'm joined by Dr. Kelly Cooper. Dr. Cooper is working to empower veterinary leaders to achieve success through purpose, planning, and process. She's been a practice owner, worked in various leadership roles in corporate medicine, and worked as an associate via relief work. Her industry overview is unique, and we unpack each of those areas.
- Her update from VMX and VetPartners
- Her veterinary story from early practice ownership to feeling burned out and the various transitions.
- Why do so many veterinarians lack community and support?
- We discuss if too many veterinary students are being selected to be great students vs. great veterinarians.
- How private practice and corporate both have given her so much.
- The three traits she looks for in team members - self-awareness, coachability, and alignment w/mission and vision.
- Her journey to better understand the business of veterinary medicine and how she is passionate about that today.
- Why she wants to encourage ownership within veterinary medicine.
- And so MUCH MORE!
GuardianVets (be sure if you reach out to mention us for 50% off your first month)
OfferFirst (use code "VSP" for 20% off)