Alright on today’s show I’m joined by a guest that I was able to meet at the sustainability in equine practitioners seminar (SEPs) back in 2022, Dr. Christine Staten - Dr. Staten is a large animal veterinarian and a mixed animal practice owner of Adobe Vet Center in Arizona. She has a passion for interests inside and outside of veterinary medicine which as we will learn is key to her success. We discuss the following:
- Her "why" for veterinary medicine - for a full detailed history I'd recommend her other podcast appearances.
- Her doctor visit during COVID and how she did the opposite of conventional wisdom to help herself.
- How she's built, attracted, and retained her team.
- How her practice culture has been refined.
- How she runs effective meetings with a large distributed team.
- Her exit plan and how to manage associates with ownership aspirations.
- Looking outside of veterinary medicine for business inspiration - and why she pays for a mastermind group (non-DVM).
- Strategic Planning & Management Retreats to work ON the business.
- How the financial success has followed from doing the right things for her business and how measuring ROI has changed.
- Her question for me...and SO much more!
GuardianVets (be sure if you reach out to mention us for 50% off your first month)
OfferFirst (use code "VSP" for 20% off)