In this episode, I’m joined by Dr. Tim Ireland. Dr. Ireland is the Owner and Medical Director at Newtown Veterinary Hospital in Pennsylvania. He’s been an owner for over 30 years – He is a recent board member of Canine Support Teams and has been a local Track & Field Assistant Coach as well.
- We cover his veterinary story and ownership experiences.
- His take on corporate medicine.
- The shift in the idea of veterinary medicine being a community service vs. a job.
- Are student loans preventing ownership aspirations?
- The veterinary community and it's failure to encourage the next generation.
- Mental health challenges and the current working environment.
- His practice and hiring and exit planning.
- His advice to young DVMs.
- AND SO MUCH MORE.
***There is an ownership opportunity here for someone - reach out to Dr. Ireland!
GuardianVets (be sure if you reach out to mention us for 50% off your first month)
OfferFirst (use code "VSP" for 20% off)
Job Links from the end of the episode
- Fort Walton Beach (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Northern Vermont (email: email@example.com)
- Northern Indiana