In this episode, I'm joined by Dr. Jonathan Leicht, who is the CEO of Mosaic Veterinary Partners. Jonathan is someone I’ve been fortunate to get to know in his work with Dr. Michael Bugg on the veterinary podcast The Veterinary Project. He is a strategic advisor to Vetsie. Jonathan has scaled and grown many practices and was responsible for some of the largest specialty hospitals in Western Canada. I consider Jonathan a polymath and is well versed in several disciplines, so our conversation goes in various directions. You'll enjoy this one!
- The backstory of how Dr. Leicht arrived at his position today and the experiences that shaped that journey.
- The "blue ocean" of veterinary medicine for veterinarians today.
- The corporate and non-corporate world of veterinary medicine - the advantages and disadvantages of each.
- Scaling to beyond oneself as the "doctor" of a clinic.
- How does ownership align interests?
- Staffing and payroll challenges as inflation heats up.
- How to think about price increases.
- Spending $ on facilities, equipment, and CE for the business.
- The public perception of veterinary medicine in terms of compensation.
We have a fun riff on Ethereum and "The Merge" at the end - for those that have 0 interest, there is a good segment post that conversation as well!
GuardianVets (be sure if you reach out to mention us for 50% off your first month)